Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I took out a auto loan?

I took out a auto loan to help my mother to get a car then she stopped paying the payments and the car got taken from her now i stuck with that bill is there anything that i can do to get debt off of me and on her??



I took out a auto loan?

If you had a written agreement with her, you may be able to get it off of you and on her, but this can be a very expensive and long, drawn out process. I don't know what your financial circumstances are, but some states have free legal assistance. You might want to look into it for your area. Also know that (even though you are probably really angry with your mom right now) proceeding with this type of case can make matters even worse - family wise. You might also want to contact the financial institution that you got the loan through and ask for some advice - they will not automatically change the loan note over to your mom, but they may be able to give you some good advice on how to handle this. Hopefully, you can resolve this. If not, take this as a learning experience - NEVER, EVER loan or co-sign for a family member or friend. It rarely turns out well.



I took out a auto loan?

If your name is on the note, forget it. You should have taken over the car to sell it before the repo. It's too late. You may want to call the bank and ask for a settlement. They will cut you a deal, but your credit will still be hurt.



I took out a auto loan?

Uh no! You signed for the loan which means you are responsible for paying it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment